Omg, it’s the final count down and I bet you are excited and anxious to see your little one congratulations! I remember when my due date is right around the corner it was nerve racking but at the same time I thought to myself I have to be brave during this lifetime experience I always remind myself that if others did it can do it I can do it too it’s all about a matter of how you think and how focused you are. Getting ready and preparing for that due date can be really nervous and exciting whilst I was preparing my hospital diaper bag I didn’t know what to bring and what to pack of course knowing me I am an over packer and I needed help luckily I found some on the internet that helped me pack lightly but right after when I had my baby I wish somebody or anyone could have told me what exactly to pack and bring so I’m doing it right now for you I will make your life easier here’s what I packed.
- Clothes for 4 days, it’s always a good idea to bring enough clothes because you will never know when and how long you will stay in the hospital you don’t know when that baby will come out so might as well pack a lot of clothes. I would suggest bringing a small luggage, therefore, you can stuff your baby’s things in there it will make your life easier.
- Rob, I brought a robe with me it was so much easier for me to nurse my baby afterward, of course, I wear a tank top and a Capri black pants because it’s stretchy and easy to move around.
- Makeup, I like to make ups and always had been part of my routine and I like to still look beautiful right after when I gave birth and after I always like to look pretty, clean and fresh.
- Bath towel, I had to bring my own towel because I’m a germaphobe and OCD.
- Flipflops, to easily walk around like slippers.
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, maxi pads with aloe vera read here, deodorant, unscented lotion Aveeno and body wash.
- Bra and under wears.
- Camera, to capture that precious moment of me and my little one.
- Phone chargers
- Cash for my husband whenever he gets hungry no need to go further to get cash always good to be prepared.
- Insurance card just in case.
- My photo ID just in case
- My birth plan(see my birth plan here)
- phone charger
- phone and Ipad
- body wash, shampoo, deodorant, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste.
- Going home outfit
- I didn’t bring boppy pillow I felt like I didn’t need it and definitely, I didn’t need it at all.
- No need to bring diapers because the hospital provides it.
- Car seat
Now, I didn’t bring my breast pump with because I nursed right away and plus if ever you need one the hospital can provide you but if you insist and want to bring you an take yours with you. No need to bring diapers because the hospital provides it remember everything in your room you can take it with you is not for free you’re paying for it. Also, it is ok to over pack if you feel like it anyway it is your own choice everyone has their own preference of method so pack as many as you want but do not stress out. Congratulations and enjoy that bundle of joy!
Well, I hope you’ll have a joyful labor, celebrate it because it is a gift from God.